Monday, September 15, 2008

The First Day of School

Isabelle had her first day of preschool last Wednesday. I was very lucky because I was able to have another teacher cover my class so I could take her and pick her up on her first day. Only half the students went on this day (the other half went on Tuesday) so it wouldn't be so overwhelming for the children. Today was the first day with the entire class and with Isabelle carpooling with my friend Erica. So far Isabelle loves preschool. Much to my chagrin she ran in on the first day with nary a glance back at her poor tearful mother. She was very happy to see me at the end of the day though! Isabelle says her favorite thing about preschool is the playground and playing instruments. Oh, what would a teacher give to hear that math or reading is a student's favorite activity?! Jason and I are very glad she is enjoying school so much!

Preschool is finally here!


Isabelle knew exactly where to hang her backpack.
Laney and Isabelle got right to work reading as soon as they arrived.
What a long day!
Today Isabelle was supposed to wear something red to school. While I wouldn't say that Isabelle lacks much in her wardrobe, the color red is conspicuously absent from her closet. So, despite the 75 degree day, Isabelle wore a sweater vest and jeans to school.

"I'm totally rockin' this backpack!"
Excited to tell about her day.
On the steps outside her classroom.

1 comment:

The Redman's said...

Are you guys number 2 now?!?!?!?! Exciting times.

And..... Isabelle looks too cute in that apple vest! :) Preschool is some good times.

-Suzi