Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dance Recital, 2010

It happened a month ago but late dance recital pics. are better than no dance recital pics., right?

Isabelle takes dance classes at Turning Pointe Dance Centre with the year culminating in a spring recital. This year she took two classes: Tap, Jazz, Ballet and Ballet 1. We had originally signed her up for just T/J/B but her teacher thought she needed to be challenged more, so suggested Ballet 1. However, Isabelle didn't want to give up her tap dancing shoes so she stayed in both. I guess she loves to dance!

We aren't allowed to take pictures during the actual recital so these (as well as the videos) were taken at the dress rehearsal. Isabelle's favorite part about dance is definitely the costumes and getting to wear make-up.

Onstage ready for her first number (Ballet 1) The girls in this class ranged in age from five to eight years old. Isabelle was the youngest at four years old.

Tap, Jazz, Ballet (I think Isabelle and her friend Laney were the youngest in this class too!)

Before the big show!
We were so proud of her performance. She smiled through the whole thing!
Madeleine sat through the whole two-hour show too.
With the fam.

After the recital we all went out to lunch and then headed to the nearby beach...
...where Papa seemed to be on granddaughter duty.

Tweedledee tap number

Ballet 1 Number


After a nice break from dance over the summer Isabelle is anxious to learn some new moves. This year she wants me to sign her up for ballet, jazz and hip-hop. We'll see how that goes...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi,your blog and photos are so nice :)
i hope you visit me at:

http://photostricks.blogspot.com

Springs Landing said...

Love Isabelle's costumes and she looks so happy. Can't view your view, wonder if they would work better on FB. Any ideas?

Springs Landing said...

Hey, meant to say that I can view your videos....can't delete my comments once they posts....

Springs Landing said...

Ok, strike 3 and I'm out.....meant to say that I CAN'T view your videos....

Springs Landing said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable! I went back to view the videos and I was able to see them. Isabelled smiled the entire time and looked so great.

Dawn said...

Oh my! Could her little costumes BE any cuter?! She is adorable!