Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Blogiversary!

One year ago today I ventured into the blog world and my life was forever changed. Okay, not really but I felt I needed a consequential statement for the beginning of this post. It is a semi-important day after all.
What a wonderful year we had! I started this blog to make sharing pictures of our mundane yet happy life easier with our family. It was a great surprise to meet so many new blog friends and share our adoption journey and child-raising misadventures with them. I love getting comments and visiting other blogs and it's so special when I get to connect with a friend in person! (Although I do feel a bit starstruck sometimes when this happens - as though they're celebrities and not a neighbor from across town! :))
So, to highlight the best moments of the year I'm posting one favorite picture from each of the the past twelve months. Enjoy the year in review!

My first post on June 30th, 2008 only contained video clips so click here to see Isabelle's blog debut. Funnily enough the post is all about Isabelle's dancing. I guess some things haven't changed.

July, 2008: First trip to Disneyland
August, 2008: Adoring Daddy at Mt. Rainier
September, 2008: First day of preschool
October, 2008: A day at the pumpkin patch
November, 2008: Thanksgiving weekend, cutting down the Christmas tree
December, 2008: The first of many snowstorms
January, 2009: Obama fever
February, 2009: A day at the zoo
March, 2009: Packing for Ethiopia!
April, 2009: Madeleine
May, 2009: Sisters
June, 2009: My sweet little girls
Thanks for reading my blog! I appreciate each of you!

4 comments:

Maria and Family said...

How cute are they?? Love the trip down memory lane very fun. Can you believe a year ago ..you were just dreaming of your sweetie now she is in your arms :)

Jennifer said...

What a great post! I love the year in pictures, and congratulations on blogging a year. I too love the friendships it brings me (point in case!). :-)

The pictures are amazing- especially that last one. You guys are such a beautiful family.

The Hull's at #4 said...

What a blessed Brock year! Thanks for sharing your sweet family with us!

Unknown said...

I love the year in review - very cute!!