Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rainy Day Sunday

Living in Washington we have our share of wet weather (a.k.a., flooding) so we must always be prepared with plenty of indoor activities. We were housebound most of the weekend so this is how we passed the time.

Isabelle made a ball of bird seed at preschool and in between rain clouds she wanted to make sure the birds and squirrels in our backyard were well fed. We're really hoping it's nontoxic and we're not inadvertently poisoning the wildlife. There was much discussion regarding what the center of this ball of seeds was made of. Isabelle insists it's butter, Laney says it's made of glue. Is one really better than the other?
After the animals were properly cared for we settled down to work on some Disney puzzles.

At her craft table Isabelle busied herself cutting and pasting, working on "projects".
Sunday night movie time - an event worth glamming up for, even if it is "Peter Pan" for the fiftieth time.

Sunday's are always great days to try out new recipes and you know I love Williams Sonoma so when I got their new catalog entitled "Winter in the Alps" I knew I wouldn't be able to resist. I made Roast Pork with Pears, which turned out great! Check out the link if you're interested. The sauce was especially delicious. Isabelle said, "good recipe you made Mommy." How can it get better than that?


Isabelle has been using children's fluoride toothpaste for quite a while now but it just hasn't seemed right to me that I've been giving my child bubblegum toothpaste to brush her teeth with. Luckily, if we pin a "big-girl" label to it, Isabelle is game for anything. Here she is trying out her new grown-up, all natural toothpaste - and enjoying it!

It's always nice to finish a lazy Sunday with an extra-long warm bath.


1 comment:

Kristi J said...

Wow...your dinner was beautiful...I"ve never made anything so pretty :) My food might taste ok, but it is never pretty like that....Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and your court date...I saw you posted last night about it on the AGCI site. I know it must be hard...I'll be in the middle of the court date saga soon...if i'd hurry up and get this referral :) praying for you guys, kristi