Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Four More Days

We are totally leaving for Ethiopia in four days! Come on people, that's some exciting stuff! So, what have we been doing since our last post? I'll tell ya' - running ourselves ragged shopping for Baby M., organizing for Isabelle, packing for ourselves and making sure we've been poked by every needle known to man and have every life-saving medication possible. Sadly, after picking up my travel meds. yesterday and reading through the warnings I feel quite sure that if a mysterious illness doesn't do me in the medications prescribed to help surely will. Seriously, if I have to take Cipro (which is apparently the only known cure for Anthrax poisoning) for an infection the chances aren't great that I'll live to tell about it. On the bright side I did purchase travel insurance and the lovely people at Travel Insured International have promised to pay for the repatriation of my remains. Whew! One less thing to worry about!

I never got to do our St. Patrick's day post so here's a little peek at our day:
Leprechaun Ears
Green Milk
Irish Dinner...Yummm
The biggest project I've been working on this week is a scrapbook for Baby M.'s birth mother. What a daunting task! Hopefully I made the right decisions on what to put in the album. We really want to show her how much we appreciate the decision she made and how much we love this little baby.
And now, for all you SNL fans, this is a segment I like to call REALLY?! with Aubrey.
REALLY?! weather.com, you're forecasting rain in Ethiopia the entire week we're there? REALLY. You mean to tell me that for the entire month of March it's been in the mid-80's to 90's and now that the Brock family is coming the temperature is going to drop by 20 degrees? REALLY?! You think that just because we live in Seattle it would be impossible for us to go without rain for five days? REALLY?!
Okay, rant over. Prepared for anything. Can't wait to get on the plane!

12 comments:

Shauna said...

Sucky about the weather!!! But... Whaoo hoo... how exciting for you guys!

Sarah said...

Ah man! I know I am TOTALLY hoping for a break from the rain when we travel, since I don't think Spring is ever going to show up in Western Washington!
Have an absolutely wonderful time!

Sarah

Dawn said...

Haha - loved the "Really" part!!

Have an AMAZING trip!!! Oh and if you see the most adorable little 4 mos old little guy - he's mine! :) Give him a smooch for me!!

Rachel said...

It could be worse... I woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground.
I'm so excited for you guys and counting the days also!

Maria and Family said...

Yikes on the rain...I didnt think it was raining season yet. Joy! I am soooo excited for you guys. I wish we wouldnt miss each other by a few days. what fun it would be to hang :) I am thrilled for this trip but going crazy trying to organize the kids, for when I am gone and nana and popa are here...
how many bags are you taking? hugs!!!!!

Jess & Matt said...

So very excited for you guys!!

Jess

Eastiopians said...

Yay for being so close to having your baby girl in your arms! And that is awesome about doing a scrapbook for her biological mother...I may need to ask you more about that later b/c I enjoy scrapbooking. And the St. Patty's day stuff you guys did is SO creative...lovin that! And lastly, bummer about the weather. Best of luck and safe travels! Have the time of your lives!!!....and yes, please avoid diseases and medication side effects while you are there. ;)

Theresa

jody said...

have a FANTASTIC trip and just enjoy every minute of it!! hopefully we will be writing a similar post in just a few weeks!! :)

Jenny R said...

I'm so excited for you, and a little jealous! Lol. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. We'll be praying for you! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back home!

Troy said...

have a blessed trip ... I've been meaning to email you guys ... I'm not sure why God chose this journey for you guys and why you're traveling solo but in my prayer time over the past week or so, I wee that He has a purpose for all this for you. He's going to reveal things to you over there that He couldn't do if you were with a group of people. I just wish I could tell you what it is :)

Have a blessed trip and can't wait to hear about it when you're back.

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!! SOOOO EXCITING!! Will you be blogging from Ethiopia? VERY thrilled for you!

Matt said...

Have a great trip!