Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Brand New Year

Even though I headed back to work today my thoughts are still on vacation. The girls and I had a great end to our two weeks off, despite the frigid temperatures. The small dusting of snow, combined with a lot of ice made a few trial runs on our new sled possible.




The girls had fun playing with all their new Christmas toys but quickly resorted to their own invented games. This one is called: "Ballerinas with Grimy-Toes on Mommy's Clean Windows"
Game 2: "Do Maddy's Hair with Play Dough Accessories"

On New Year's Eve we headed to my friend Erica's house for a great party.
Looks like Laney's had too much to drink again. :)
Madeleine was doted on all night by Emersyn. I think I could hire her as a babysitter - Maddy was in Heaven getting to play with the big girls...
...she also spent the evening trying on an array of party hats.
Look #1:
Look #2:
Look #3:
While the kids played the grown-ups practiced embarrassing dance moves.
Thanks for a great time Erica!
Since it's a new year I guess I must make a resolution. After bingeing on holiday yummies for the last two weeks I'm definitely putting the chunky in Chunky Monkey and not in a good Ben and Jerry's sort of way. So, you can guess what my resolution is. The house has been cleared of anything tempting, although I do wish I could rig some sort of aversive therapy in the bakery aisle of the grocery store. A few electric shocks never hurt anyone, right?

P.S. If you're out shopping and see me reaching for a box of donuts feel free to slap me upside the head. I'll thank you.

No comments: